Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 1, 2014

The first "girlfriend"

Well I knew it would happen eventually and it did come sooner then I thought it would BUT my son has his first "girlfriend". This came about a couple of weeks ago and I am just now remembering that this important milestone in his life NEEDS to be documented. Let's start from the beginning shall we:

Back in late September I witnessed him teasing a little girl that walks home with him. UNACCEPTABLE!! So I explained to him that we dont treat little girls that way and that he needs to be respectful to them etc...etc...  Well after that talk he changed his tune and I started seeing him be sweet and saying bye to her etc... (this little girl is not the girlfriend by the way)

Then a few weeks pass and he gets in the car one October day and says "Mom, I have a girlfriend!" WHAT??!?!?!?!  I was so not ready for that.

So I asked him " A girlfriend huh? Well why do you think she is your girlfriend"
His response " Well, she likes to follow me around and she copies me and she likes to give me hugs. She is also a girl and my friend."

Well that about summed it up! A little girl who is following him and copying him, YEP she definitely likes him!!  LOL!!

So we go about our business and about a week or so later a picture comes home with him!! Thats right, this bold little cutie gave my son a picture of herself. It was by far the cutest thing EVER!!! So how did we respond? Well we sent her a picture right back!!  LOL! Did I mention that it was THE CUTEST THING EVER!!! Did I mention that she is a cutie patootie as well?

So this moves us into November and as you might have seen in my last post Mason had a 2nd grade show where he played a t-bird. This was the moment that I knew I would get to meet the girl and her mother!! Sure enough I did get to meet both and they are very very sweet people! The mom and I laughed about our "relationship" and she was very glad to get to meet Mason.

I have already posted a picture of the kids together once so I wont do it again b/c I dont feel its my place but if you want to get a glance, you can refer back to my last post about his t-bird performance and scroll down to the bottom. Mason is pictured with a set of twins (yes she is a twin) and she is the cutie in the winter white coat!!

Ah young love!! ;)

No comments: