Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Life as a family of 4

Well it has been a week since The LeRouax clan became a family of 4 and I have to personally say that I think we are doing an okay job with the transition. Mason has been such a champ about having his little sister in the house. He is so sweet and he is the best helper ever!! If he sees one of her paci's just sitting around he immediately picks it up and brings it to her. If she is having her diaper changed he will go and get the new diaper for her AND he even throws away the dirty one. He is always up for giving her a hug and kiss when she is near by and when he hasn't seen her in a while he will go around the house looking for her just so that he can say hi to her. It is the most adorable thing ever!! He truly loves his baby sister. Samantha has decided to cut mom and dad some slack these past few nights. She goes to bed at about 10:45ish and wakes at 3:30am. She gets her diaper changed and her belly full then goes back down by 4:30 am. She will then sleep until about 7:30ish. How wonderful to only have her get up once in the middle of the night. I wont hold my breath about it but I am hoping that she can keep up the good work. To actually still be getting a combined 6 hours or more at night is FABULOUS!! She really is a very sweet baby. Oh, she had her first Dr appt yesterday and after leaving the hospital weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce she is now weighing in at 6 pounds 5.5 ounces. She gained 4.5 ounces in 4 days. Hooray!! Mama is feeding her good :) Derrek has been an amazing help while he has been home and I am a wee bit worried about being on my own next week but I am trying to keep the faith that I can get it done. My recovery from the c-section is going well. i am no longer on my pain medicine and can now get in and out of my bed with out the help of a step stool (aka Masons toddler potty) haha. I am hoping the carpal tunnel will be gone by next week and then I will really be back in full mommy mode.

Mason and daddy. Notice Mason is wearing Derrek's work boots which is what makes him look so shorty in this picture.

Baby Samantha at 1 week old


The amazing birthing gift I got from my hubby. 3/4 carat diamond studs. He gave these to me the day before I had Samantha and I never got a chance to blog about it separately. What a fabulous hubby I have. :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh that is so sweet to hear about Mason! And gosh, your baby is beautiful and those lovely earings! Can't wait to meet her soon!

Marks of Faith said...

Wow! Sounds like you all are blessed beyond compare! So happy to get to read this post. Thank you for sharing Emily. Your family is precious and your daughter is gorgeous!!! Just like her Mama!
Love,
Jennifer

Roger and Robyn said...

Look at you blogging already! I'm so impressed. :) Love the pictures of your sweet babies! You'll do great next week, let me know if you need anything when D goes back to work!

Mary Pat said...

Way to go Samantha on the sleeping!! And Mason for being the best big brother! I'm so excited to meet Samantha-she's absolutely beautiful!

I may just have to show this post to my husband to plant the idea of diamonds before delivery. : )