Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 2, 2009

Samantha Ryan LeRouax

Our baby girl has arrived!! On Tuesday September 29th 2009 Derrek and I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am to begin the preparation for the arrival of our daughter. This was all very new to us for a couple of reasons: 1. With Mason I went into labor on my own and it was all very hectic and last minute and 2. This was going to be my first c-section. It was all very odd to just be walking into the hospital to have a baby and not be in any sort of pain what so ever. It was like I was going in just to pick out the one I wanted haha. So we get there and get put into the c-section prepping room. I get asked a ton of questions and get some blood drawn and an IV put in (I hate those) etc, etc... I kept asking Derrek what time it was b/c I was getting so anxious and felt like I had been there forever. So after two hours of prep (which felt like 50) my Dr arrives and we are ready to go. They gave Derrek his scrubs and sent him to the waiting area as I walked my happy self back to the OR. I get my epidural (which was not as painful the first time with Mason probably b/c the contractions were so much worse) and they lay me down to get this show on the road. I started to feel sick before they even started (now I know why they dont let you eat or drink anything after midnight the night before) but after some adjustments and oxygen I was good to go. They bring Derrek in and we get started at about 7:30 am. Then by 7:46 am I hear a little squealy cry and she is here!!! Derrek was so funny running back and forth between me and the baby. He wanted to see her and he wanted to tell me all about her at the same time since I couldn't see what was going on. He was so excited!! I do have to admit that overall the procedure part was pretty easy cheesy its the recovery that I have NOT been a big fan of. BUT, in the end it is a small sacrifice for the gift I have been given and this to shall pass. Mommy, Daddy and Mason are so in love with the newest member of our family. When we got home today Mason asked to see "amantha" and the first thing he did was give her a hug and a kiss and say " Hi amantha". Her name may never have the S in front of it again :) He has been so helpful in the short time that we have been here and it gives me hope that he will not have any huge difficulty adjusting to having her in the house. I guess only time will tell if I am right about that one or not. BUT, so far so good.

Samantha Ryan LeRouax
September 29, 2009 @ 7:46 am
6 pounds 9 ounces
19.25 inches long
Here is our little princess 24 hours after delivery.

5 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Congratulations!! She's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to meet this precious girl.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! She is soooooo precious! Bekah can't wait to meet her new friend! And take pics in their matching hats!

Roger and Robyn said...

We are so glad she is here! Can't wait to hold her again soon. Mason is such a sweet big brother!

Marks of Faith said...

Love the post! Love the picture! What a precious family you have! Praying for your recovery. Love and blessings!

The Marks Family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!