Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 28, 2009

Feeding the ducks...One last family outing as a trio

On Friday the 25th we found out that our second child Samantha's arrival was going to be moved up to Tuesday Sept. 29th. So with this HUGE change in our plans we decided to take Mason out for one last family outing as a trio on Sunday the 27th. We drove to Tom Bass park here in Pearland to feed the ducks. Mason had a great time! After each bread toss he would look at me and say " I did it mom!!" It was quite a bittersweet hour that we had with him. Knowing that it was the last outing we would go on as just the three of us made me want to cry. I know that being a family of four will be INCREDIBLE but I just cant help but look at him and be sad for him a little. In the end I know that he will be an amazing big brother and soon he will be able to teach his little sister how to feed the ducks too. :)

There was only a handful or them when we first got there and before we started feeding them

Mason winding up to give the bread a good throw

As you can see we started to get very popular

Derrek explaining all the different types of ducks to Mason

3 comments:

Mary Pat said...

My eyes watered just reading your post! That was such a great idea to have one last outing before Samantha arrives!! I'll be praying for you and your family tomorrow! I can't wait to meet your daughter!

Roger and Robyn said...

I'm so glad you all had a good time together! I know exactly what you mean about it being bittersweet. We are so excited to meet Samantha!

Anonymous said...

Sweet idea! Hope all went well today; Brett can't wait to meet Samantha!