Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to school again

Well today was the first day back at MDO (mother's day out). I was a little worried about how this was going to go considering a week ago when I took Mason to his open house to meet his teachers he burst into tears the second that my hand touched the door knob. BUT, to my very delightful surprise it went very smoothly. I had been talking it up to him for the past two days that he was going to start school and all he could say back to me about it was "No mommy no". Not the best start but as I kept reminding him that he was going to see his friends and get to play he started to warm up to the idea. When we got to the school we walked to his classroom and waited for a little bit until they opened the door. He very calmly grabbed for my hand and walked in with NO tears. He went and sat for a bit while I put all his stuff away where it belonged and just sort of looked around. Then as I am finishing up with all the stuff I had to do I look over and there is my perfect angel sitting on the carpet reading a book all by himself. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen.  :) Before I left I went to tell him bye and that I loved him. I told him I would be back for him in a few hours and to be a good boy and have a blast. he said " uh okay mommy".  After I walked out I peeked back through the window and he looked so worried. Some of the other kids had started to cry and he just stood there holding his little car and looking around. It broke my heart! When I got back at two to pick him up he was happy and cheerful and had had a GREAT first day. What a little trooper and what a successful day!

All dressed and ready for his first day.

All packed up with his back pack and matching lunch box.

My sweet boy sitting by himself reading a book.


Oh, mommy also had a great first day back at school. I got to go to brunch with a wonderful group of my mommy friends. It was good food, great laughs and AMAZING company.  :)

No comments: