Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Today was Mason's first day of Pre-K 3. I was a little worried about starting this year for a few reasons:

1. He is not attending the school that he has been at for the past two years. I switched him to a new school this year b/c we wanted a 3 day a week program for him.

2. With the switch of a new school means he now has to make all new friends at this new school. The saving grace is that there is one little boy in his class that also switched from his old school so he did have 1 friend already.

3. For the past few weeks he has been saying that he "does not want to go to school." Not a good thing :)

BUT, he did great!! He was a little shy in the beginning (which I expected) but he didn't cry. WAHOO!! He walked in and talked to his teacher, then he gave her the beginning of school gift I made her and she measured him on the wall to see how tall he was. We put his back pack up and he went and started to play. When the time came to say goodbye I think he was surprised that I was still there haha :) I think he will have a great day and an amazing year at his new school.

Hope everyone had as great of a first day morning as we did!!


Here he is all ready for school :)


My goodness he is a handsome boy! Silly, but handsome!

This is the gift that I made his teacher. She mentioned at the meet the teacher that she is allergic to everything. I believe she said that " she loves the little yellow flowers but they dont love her" so I made her some flowers she could enjoy, a paper flower bouquet :)

Then I attached a tag to it that says "Here is to a great school year that will allow you to enjoy all the new blossoms in your room" Then I put Mason's name, the school year and his school days.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay for Mason! I am so glad that it went so well! And may I please order one of those from you for when Bekah starts school one day??? : ) That flower arrangement is beautiful!

Sandy said...

Love the flower arrangement! Glad to hear that he had a good first day :)

Mary Pat said...

Great first day of school pictures! Love the A&M nap mat :) The flowers are such a great idea!!