Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas Eve and Cookies for Santa

Christmas Eve started out as pretty regular feeling day until about 2pm. While the kids were napping Derrek and I started to get ready for church. We were headed to the 4pm children's service at our church. This service is great because it is of course kid friendly and doesn't last nearly as long as a regular service. They even had cake at the end of it in honor of Jesus's Birthday! It was a great service and the kids did a good job staying close and relatively quiet :)

When we got home Derrek's mom and brother had been busy cooking dinner. I have a thing about dressing up for Christmas Eve and everyone was nice enough to humor me. We also ate in the dining room on my Spode China. We dont get fancy very often but it really is so much fun when we do. After eating our fabulous dinner of prime rib (YUM!!) I changed the kids into their jammies and they got to open all their presents from their Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents etc... We do these gifts on Christmas Eve so that we can keep them separate from Santa gifts on Christmas Day. Everyone was also nice enough to humor me with a photo shoot too :)

My gorgeous girl (this dress was so cute b/c it had a little bell attached to the bottom inside and every time she moved it jingled)



Me and my babies

My little family

Derrek, Mason and Wesley (Derrek's brother)

Not sure why I have no pictures of them opening their gifts that night but oh well. After all was said and done and Samantha was in bed, Mason and I got to work on making cookies for Santa.

Here we are on the kitchen floor getting it all set up

Separating our cookies (they were actually brownie bites) heehee


Mason was in bed by the time they came out of the oven so I put them on my Spode Cookies for Santa plate and left them out for the big guy. We had a great Christmas Eve with family and hope eveyones was just as good.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Y'all all looked so pretty in your fancy christmas eve attire! : ) I just love Samantha's dress, especially with the bell! Oh and I love the way you referencced your spode china twice! : )