Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day and other activities

Happy Valentines Day!! I hope everyone had a great one. Ours started out last week with a Valentine's playdate at my friend Jenny's house. Her daughter Bekah is alway the sweetest little hostess and they always have fun activities for us to do.

Here are all the kids decorating their heart shaped cookies

Samantha's cookie

Mason's cookie

This past weekend I rushed to get teacher gifts together b/c I had totally procrastinated getting them done and I came across a cute and quick idea on Lemon Annie's blog. Decorative hand sanitizer bottles. I mean what teacher would not appreciate hand sanitizer in a class with a bunch of little hands that want to touch everything. So my trusty cricut and I went to work and here are the finished products.


I really was very pleased with how they came out. The only thing I will think more about next time is the color of the tops. The orange top completely clashes with the pink and red. Oh well!

This year for Valentine's Day instead of Derrek and I going out to a romantic dinner where we would have both eaten way to much haha we decided to make it a family affair. The Chic Fil A in Pearland (which happens to be the most awesome CFA around) was doing it up romantic family style for this holiday. You could make a reservation online and you would get table side service :) so i made a reservation for 5pm and we headed over to the local CFA for our fancy chicken sandwich dinner.

How fun to have our name reserving our table.

And they even put table cloths and everything

All in all we had a great (and busy) Valentine's Day. I wish I had gotten a picture of us while we were there but oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda huh?

Happy Love Day Everyone!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so special, what y'all did on Valentines Day, what a pefect thing to do with your loving family! Thanks again for coming over, we always have the best time with y'all! Stillkeeping my fingers crossed that you guys are healthy and fever free!

Mary Pat said...

Chick fil a is amazing!! I love that they offered this...if we would have known (and if we lived it Pearland), the Whitesides would have been at the next table over! :)

The hand sanitizers are so cute! Thanks for the idea!