Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Houston Rodeo

Let me start by saying that I am a born and raised Texan. With that being said I have a confession to make that may make some of you gasp so here it is, I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO THE HOUSTON RODEO!!! dun dun dun!! I know I know its shameful BUT I am proud to announce that NOW I HAVE!!! Wahoo!! Some friends and I took our kids for a day trip to the Rodeo last thursday and we LOVED IT!!! Oh what a blast we had. We went to the petting zoo, saw some pig races (loved this!! did you know that pigs eat oreos?? I had no clue and this is what the pigs raced for haha), we saw some muttin bustin (so adorable and when I asked Mason if he wanted to do this next year he quickly answered "NO") and we went and looked at the live stock animals. This is something we will definitely start doing yearly. Maybe next time daddy can go with us.

Here is Mason Petting the pot belly pig

Samantha was not having anything to do with the petting zoo

Not the best shot but here we are waiting for the pig races

The oreo cookie that the pigs race for

Mason got chosen as the team 4 cheerleader for one of the pig race rounds

This nice man let mason touch one of the baby cows in the livestock show

All the kids together. Hunt, Madeline, Brock, Samantha and Mason.

Thank you to my friends for convincing me to go with them. I wasn't 100% sure I could do it alone with the two kids but I am so glad that we did.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How much fun! I am not surprised one bit that you did it on your own! And Samantha looks very "rodeo" in ther red and white checkered shirt!