Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 28, 2011

"T" the bionic beta

Almost two years ago (when I was expecting Samantha) Mason and I went to the pet store to get him a fish. I wanted him to have his "baby" when mommy had her baby. The fish would be his responsibility just like the baby would be mommy's responsibility. Genius right? Yeah...not so much! When we first got the fish I asked Mason what he wanted to name it. Mason, not being the most verbal child at the young age of 2 years old said "T". So "T" it was :) Well needless to say since the day we brought "T" home he has basically been MY responsibility. haha!

Anyways, this beta of ours has lived almost 2 years here in our home. Poor guy has been left for long weekends and occasionally just forgotten about and yet he still lives and thrives on. I dont even have a proper fish net for him when I change his water. Poor dude gets scooped up in a ladle. Every time someone comes over they say "WOW, I cant believe that fish is still alive?" WTH is that about I ask? hahaha!!! I have to admit that I will be sad when the day comes that I have to flush the little guy into fish heaven but, on the plus side, I wont have to explain his death to the kids b/c they pretty much have no clue that he is even there (sad I know).

But, for the rest of the world out there meet "T" our bionic beta!



May he live a long and prosperous life here with us!

1 comment:

Marks of Faith said...

Betas are great! I almost got Cromwell one when Victoria was born...then held out for V-day and got him a goldfish instead cause he thought it looked like Nemo! Which is what ours is named. But, I still like Betas best! :)