Our Family

Our Family

Friday, November 6, 2009

Lookie what I did :)

So for a while now I have been wanting to try my hand at bow making. So, I got online and started to google :) I found a tutorial that I was willing to try so I got some ribbon and alligator clips and all the supplies that I needed to give it a go. I was so thrilled with how it turned out and Derrek was relatively impressed too. :)

Here is a picture of Samantha modeling her new bow

a little more of a close up

I have also recently been all about flower bows too. My friend Jenny makes them and she has gotten me very excited about them. So when I went to Michaels the other day I looked at some of the flowers and found some pretty fall sunflowers on sale so I bought the stem of 4 flowers. Here is the final product of the sunflower bow. I was quite proud :)

Since I had 4 flowers I made 4 bows. Yes, I admit that last night I was a bow making fool :) But they are going to be donated to people that we love. One will go to Samantha's cousin Jacqueline and the other two will go to her friends Bekah and Evie. We hope that they will love their new flower bow as much as we do :)

6 comments:

Mary Pat said...

The bows are all amazing! I watched a tutorial when I started making bows, but mine never turned out that great! You'll have to show me how to do it.

Evie's very excited about her sunflower bow - that's so sweet of you to make her one!

Roger and Robyn said...

Those came out beautifully! Way to go!

the fishers said...

Good job! Those would be kind of cute pinned on a tank top too...

Marks of Faith said...

Very Cute! Well Done!

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh, you are so talented! To make such an "advanced" bow your first try is pretty impressive! And that was so sweet of you to make one for Bekah, thank you!

Ogrelet mama said...

I am MASSIVELY impressed!! you have to make Claire some for xmas....