Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Twas the night before christmas and before before christmas

On the 23rd we went over to my sister Ronnie's house for dinner and a gift exchange. We had a great time hanging out with them. Mason and my nephew Matthew play really well together and they are just so funny to watch.We were so glad to get to see them before christmas.

Melanie, Samantha, Matthew and Mason waiting to open presents

Mason opening his present

On the 24th we got all dressed up to go to the Children's Celebration service at church. It was great because it was all families and if the kids got loud it was okay since it was to be expected anyways. So we had to rush out of the house to get to church b/c we lost track of time and ran late so I didnt get to take any pictures before hand. Okay no big deal we will do it afterwards when we get home right? WRONG!! Here is what we got.

Mason and daddy

Mason and mommy

A naked Samantha

And here is why...

Thats right, before we left church I felt a bit of wetness on my arm. I pull my arm up to take a look and it was covered in BABY POOPIE!!! I could not believe it. She poopied here Christmas outfit. So unfortunately we have NO pictures of here looking all sweet and cute in her christmas dress. Initially I was devastated, but, my dreams of a picture of my two kids were not completely dashed (thank goodness). We got this one a bit later after all was cleaned up


I was so thrilled to get a picture of my two beautiful babies in their christmas pajamas :)
After our picture extravaganza Mason and I sat down and made cookies for Santa before it was time for him to go to bed.



We put them on our special Spode Cookies for Santa plate and put them under the tree so that Santa was sure not to miss them. It was a fun (and eventful) christmas eve. I hope that everyone had a great one.

2 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Oh my gosh! Of course she would have a blow out diaper right before you are leaving!! :) I love the picture of Mason and Samantha in their pjs though! And the picture of you and Mason, and Mason and his Daddy is adorable.

Jenny said...

oh i am so sorry to hear about the diaper explosion! we too have been there! but that pic of them in their nighties is even cuter, because there is a funny story behind it! : ) maybe samantha's one day sister could make sure she wears it for christmas! : )