Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Solid Food...well sort of

Now that Samantha is almost 6 months old (I am in shock just typing that haha) we decided that we would let her try some oatmeal. She was relatively indifferent about it. It was funny b/c when we first gave Mason a solid he knew exactly what to do when the spoon came towards him. Samantha, not so much. I had to touch the spoon to her mouth at first just to get her to open up. I am happy to say though that our girl is a quick study b/c by the end of the feeding she had figured it out. Here are some shots of her and her first food experience.

Getting ready for the big experience


Not good and not bad :)

I'm eating, whats it to ya?


All in all she did really well. I think we may just skip the oatmeal all together and start her on stage 1 foods after se officially turns 6 months. I am looking forward to seeing what she likes and dislikes :) Oh and her adorable bib is courtesy of my cousins. Isn't it cute? Check out www.thedaughtersoftexas.blogspot.com to see more of their great work.

2 comments:

Marks of Faith said...

Wow...six months! That is hard to believe! Way to go Samantha on your first real food! Whoohoo! And, yay...she is wearing her bib and boy does she make it look GOOD! :) I love it on her!

Roger and Robyn said...

Way to go Samantha! Can't believe she will be 6 months old!