Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 2, 2010

5 years ago today...

Five years ago today Derrek and I said " I do." It is amazing how quickly five years can pass. We have done so much together in these past five years. We got married (apr 05) and 8 months later (Dec 05) Derrek got a new job offer which moved us to Philadelphia, Pa. By Feb 06 we were both moved and living in Philly. In July of 06 we found out we were pregnant with Mason. He was born March 07. By Oct 07 Derrek got transferred back to Tx (thank goodness) and we had moved again. In July of 08 we bought our first house here in Pearland, Tx and in Feb 09 we found out we were pregnant with Samantha. We were blessed with our baby girl Sept 09 and now here we are in April 2010. Five years, 2 kids and 1 house later. Its been so amazing!! I love him even more then I did when I first married him and I hope he can say the same for me.

Derrek and I 5 years ago today!

Top detail on my dress which is hanging in my closet at this very moment

Brides Cake- I loved this cake b/c it is square and round. I had never seen that before.

Grooms Cake Table- I have to admit it looked really awesome.

First Dance

Our inspiration and amazing role models. These are my grandparents who will be celebrating a 60th thats right a 60th wedding anniversary this year. AMAZING!!!

This is my all time favorite picture from that night.

Leaving our reception .

Its been an amazing five years. I cant wait to see what the next five have in store for us.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, I still remember the big day! It's amazing how time flies. Happy Anniversary!

Marks of Faith said...

Congrats! Wow...I remember you wedding so well. It was very very special. Love ya'll!

Mary Pat said...

Happy Anniversary!! You're wedding pictures are so beautiful!

Roger and Robyn said...

Happy anniversary! Your dress is gorgeous!

Jenny said...

Oh Emily, what a touching post! You two are such a gret couple and I wish you the happiest anniversary! Thanks for sharing those pics for those of us who did not know you then! I would love to see more sometime!

Anonymous said...

You guys looks so beautiful! Congrats on 5 years!