Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Fun

It is not very often that all 5 of my siblings and myself are together at one time BUT, Easter (at the moment atleast) is the one holiday that it is guaranteed to happen. And this year it did. Since my sister Ronnie is 9 months pregnant and can not travel, everyone came to Houston this year. I hosted Easter day festivities at my house and it was a blast. Now, because there are so many of us it can tend to get a bit chaotic at times but we always manage to get through it and the end result is always a good time. We decided to do a brunch this year so that everyone could get back on the road at a decent time. We started our morning off by opening up Easter baskets. The kids were all excited with the loot that they got from the Easter Bunny.

Mason checking out his stuff

My niece Jacquelyn going through her basket

We then continued with many a photo session on our new back patio. Derrek worked so hard to get it done before Easter and he did :) he did an amazing job on it. More pictures of the patio to come later though.

The LeRouax Family

The Rapp Family

The Woodward Kids (not sure why I dont have one with my sister and brother in law in it)

My kids with all of their cousins

My brother Mark and sister in law Macie

My brother Joshua and his girlfriend Hayley

My brother Michael is single at the moment and did not want to take a picture by himself. If anyone knows any nice girls ages 23-25 send them my way. :)

Me with my brothers and sisters

There is something about Easter photo shoots that brings out the inner supermodel in me. haha. This is not the first Easter shoot where I have decided to spice it up a little bit :)





I 150% know that I am a dork :)

After photos we ate our yummy brunch and then it was time for the egg hunt. My house backs up to a field that is just grass with a walking path and it was perfect for our egg hunt. We jsut threw all the eggs out there and let them go at it.

The kids coming through the back yard

Jacquelyn hunting eggs. It was hilarious that she was holding her easter basket like a purse. Too Cute!!


Melanie filling up her basket.

After the plastic egg hunt we moved into the good stuff. CASCARONES!!!! These are the confetti filled eggs. We have done these eggs since I was a little girl and it is the best tradition ever.

My sister Ronnie will probably kill me for posting this picture but it is just to funny NOT to post.

Matthew getting his daddy on the head with a confetti egg.

Zachary getting Uncle Mark

Jacquelyn getting Uncle Michael

Once all the kids figured out what was going on and how to do it they went crazy and had the best time chasing each other.

This is Mason after he managed to crack the egg himself on my brother Mark's head

Daddy letting Mason hit him on the head with an egg


Well there it is, our Easter Day in a nutshell. I hope that everyone had a Blessed and Happy Easter holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Emily! It looks like you all had a great time.

the fishers said...

How fun to have such a big family!! I bet that means there is more kiddos in your future, huh? Huh? : )

Mary Pat said...

What a great family photo!! Mason was so excited about those confetti eggs!

Jenny said...

SAMANTHA LOOKS SO PRECIOUS IN HER EASTER OUTFIT! Oh my golly that girl is cute!

Roger and Robyn said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of the 4 LeRouaxs! Super cute! I think you should definitely audition for ANTM! ;)