Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, July 29, 2010

A birthday and Anniversary

Last weekend we went down to Corpus Christi for two very very important events. The first was for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. 60!!! There are not many couples out there who can boast 60 wonderful years of married bliss. I am incredibly lucky (and thankful) to still have my grandparents in my life. I love that they have gotten to meet and enjoy my children and I love that my children have gotten to meet and enjoy them.

The second reason we were in Corpus was to celebrate my grandpa's 87th birthday. Oh my grandpa! Words can not say how wonderful and amazing this man is. I am so grateful to have had another year with him. We all had a great time at the party and it was good to see my family and extended family (some of which had still not met Samantha). I love that we throw him a family birthday party every year for his birthday but it makes me sad (b/c I am selfish) that he has again gotten 1 year older. I know that it is in God's plan for all of us, but I have to admit that I absolutely fear the day/s that he decides it is my grandparents time. I am not sure how my family will survive it. BUT, this post was not meant to be sad it was meant to tell you about the celebrations we have just had so Happy 60th Anniversary to one amazing couple who I am lucky enough to call my grandparents and Happy 87th Birthday to one of the greatest men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and loving!! :)

Me and my grandpa

Me and my grandma

The cake that my Aunt Connie made them for the celebration

My grandparents together

My family with my grandparents

The gift my mom gave her father. It is his High School Letter from Hebbronville High School. He graduated in 1941. He was the first track athlete from that school to make it to State but he did not get to attend b/c the school district was to poor to send him. My brother Joshua is a cross country runner and his team made it to state this past year. In honor of my grandfather my brother wore the number 13 (my grandpa's number) pinned to his jersey.

My grandparents with all but 1 of their great-grand kids (Nicholas was out of town). They also have an 11th great-grand child on the way. Baby Marks is due in November.


3 comments:

Roger and Robyn said...

What a great weekend! I love the last picture of your grandparents and all the great-grandkids. So special!!

Mary Pat said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend! Love all of the family photos!

Jenny said...

What an amazing family you have Emily! I love hearing all about them and the love that surround you guys! Congrats to your grandparents, how inspiring!