Our Family

Our Family

Monday, July 12, 2010

Let the crawling craziness begin

Well Samantha is officially crawling. She started right at about 9 months. Its funny how two kids from the same parents can be so different. By 7 months Mason had 2 teeth and Samantha still has NONE. Mason crawled at 7.5 months and Samantha just started at 9 months. One thing that they do have in common though is the fact that I coerced them into crawling with electronic untouchables. For Mason it was the camera and for Samantha it was the laptop. haha! Dont get me wrong, I do NOT mind that it took her longer to start then it took Mason. I was not looking forward to the day she became mobile and would be able to get into his toys :) Which is EXACTLY what she has done haha. We hear a lot of " No Samantha thats mine" around here now. We are officially up close and personal with the lesson of sharing :) I figure this is one lesson that no matter how old they get they will always have a difficult time with. Who can blame them though, I am a grown woman and there are still things that I dont particularly like to share :) Here is the best part about it though, she is a peg leg pirate crawler HAHAHA!! It is hilarious!! She bends the right knee and keeps the left leg straight to push off with. I dont think I have a decent picture of her doing it but it sure is a sight. She has also mastered the art of pulling herself up on things. I cant believe that we are already at this point in her life. It just flies by in the blink of an eye and she will be 1 before I know it. So amazing and so sad all at the same time :)

This is the best I have of the peg leg crawl. Right knee bent and left leg pushing :)

Getting closer

And closer

SUCCESS!!!

1 comment:

Mary Pat said...

Great job Samantha!! I can't wait to see this peg leg crawling in person!

Evie started crawling towards my cell phone...those electronics get them every time! : )