Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Samantha's Baptism

Today was Samantha's baptism. Everything went beautifully. She did such an amazing job and didn't cry when they put the water on her head. She was baptized in the Methodist church that we attend here in Pearland, but, because I was raised Catholic (and really like some of their baptismal traditions) we gave her godparents. Derrek's brother Wesley is her godfather and my cousin Miranda is her godmother. The funny thing is that they are both attorney's and we had to laugh at the fact that at least she will be very well legally represented. haha :) My cousin lives in CO and we were so excited that she was able to fly down to be a part of the ceremony. We were so blessed to have so much family in attendance for this special occasion. After the service we all headed to Las Rosas (a local Mexican restaurant in Pearland) for lunch. The restaurant did a great job AND they even let me take the cake to them the night before to keep in their fridge b/c it had a filling :) Speaking of the cake I got it from a local bakery called Cakelicious. I had never tasted anything from their bakery before and I have to say that I was very impressed. It was delicious!! To all my Pearland friends I would definitely recommend them and will mostly likely use them again. Well I hope that everyone had a blessed Sunday. Here are some shots of ours.




Samantha and her godparents. I had to laugh at this since my cousin and I resemble each other so much she could be their baby. haha :)

Samantha with my parents. Her Yaya and PoPo Ne.

Our long table shot of all the family.

The Cake! It was chocolate with bavarian cream filling. Delish!

3 comments:

Roger and Robyn said...

What a special day for your family! I'm glad that so many family members were able to come. Blessings to you, Samantha!!

Jenny said...

Oh Emily, what a wonderful day! She looked beautiful in that dress of hers, just like the doll that she is! I'm so glad that it all went so well!

Mary Pat said...

You have such a great documentation of the event!! I agree, Samantha looks like a doll in that dress! By the way, you look great too!! : )