Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wedding Weekend Fun

Two weeks ago my best friend Lynda got married in San Antonio. We had the best time! It was so nice to have a little vacation and to not have to worry about the kids (who stayed with my mother in law for the weekend).

We headed out early Friday to make sure we had time to check into our hotel, rest a little and get to the rehearsal on time. We stayed at The Hotel Indigo at the Alamo. We really really enjoyed the hotel and its location. We could see the Alamo from our window and were literally only about 2 blocks from the Riverwalk. Yes, we totally did the tourist thing and took pictures at both places haha :)

Derrek and I at the rehearsal dinner

Me and the bride (my bestie for 23 years and counting)

Derrek and I did some walking around after the rehearsal. Here we are at the Alamo.

The day of the wedding we got up and got to take our time. We went down to the riverwalk and had a nice leisurely breakfast then came back to the hotel and watched some gameday on ESPN, then we got ready for the wedding.

The Riverwalk. Derrek refused to be in this picture with me.

The bride and groom at the reception

Me and the hubs :)

Lynda and I with our men :)

Another great part about this wedding was that almost all of my family was there too. It was great to get to see them.

Joshua, Ronnie, Me and Michael

4 out of 6 kids with my parents

Overall we had a wonderful weekend. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a blast. The dress I wore was absolutely flattering and a beautiful color. We got to hang with the family and feel like we were on vacation all in one :)


CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS AND LYNDA!!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You are right, the dress was beautiful! And I am so proud of you for getting booties, and making them look good! : ) I am inspired! Glad you had a great time in my hometown : )!

Marks of Faith said...

Glad you all had so much fun! I love the pic of you two in front of the Alamo!

And your red dress is stunning; you look amazing girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Great family pictures Emily. You all look great! A few years back, Devin and I stayed at the same hotel. Isn't it nice to get away and be a couple without kids?