Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Easter

Sorry to be so late with this post but better late then never right? :) For easter the kids and I went to Corpus Christi. Derrek didn't go with us b/c he was studying for the GMAT but more on that later. So Saturday the 23rd after Mason's t-ball game we hit the road. Our weekend started with a big family bar-b-que at my mom's house on Saturday night. This was great because I got to see all my cousins and my aunts and uncles and my grandparents. This shindig lasted later then my kids are use to so Easter morning they ended up sleeping in. Once they got up they immediately got into their easter baskets that the easter bunny left for them. a big thank you to my friend Valerie at Sew Fun for embroidering their names onto their basket liners.

Mason's Basket

Samantha's Basket

Both baskets together

Hooray for bubbles

and giant egg spinners

After digging into their baskets we ate some breakfast and took baths so that we could change into our nice clothes to take easter pictures.

The one and only picture I got of Samantha and it turned out beautiful!

The best I got of Mason

Both Of my kids together. I have to admit I am really happy with how this one turned out.

A few shots of almost all the cousins. We were missing the oldest Nicholas and the newly born Eva.


After our somewhat successful photo shoot we again changed clothes for the first of two easter egg hunts. The first hunt was in my sisters back yard and this was the plastic egg hunt. Luckily we got some practice hunting in earlier in the week at our friend Brock's house so both my kids were ready to go :)

Samantha and Nathan leading the way

her first discovery

Mason on the hunt

His loot

Egg hunt fun!

And as if one egg hunt wasn't enough we then headed over to an empty field across the street to hunt cascarones (confetti filled eggs). We LOVE cascarones and have been hunting them since we (my siblings and I) were little. Hopefully as all of our kids get older they too will learn to love the cascarones egg hunt too.

Mason hunting the eggs

Samantha finding an egg

Mason trying to crack the egg on his own head. This was sort of the theme of this hunt. When I told him that you crack these eggs on peoples heads he took me very literally and cracked them on his own head.

PoPoNe not making Mason work to crack an egg on his head


After all this egg hunting fun we packed up our stuff and headed back to Pearland. It was a quick Easter trip but we had a BLAST!!!

Hope everyone had a very enjoyable Easter weekend.

1 comment:

Marks of Faith said...

Love the pics of your kids Em