Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The lesson of sharing

As a parent you hope that what you are teaching your children is actually sinking in and they are really learning some of the life lessons you are trying to teach them. In my opinion, learning how to share is one of the hardest lessons to learn. I mean lets face it, even as adults there are times when we still dont want to share. I am happy to announce that even though there are times my son does NOT want to share I officially have proof that he absolutely 100% understands the concept. Hooray he is actually listening to us!!!

The story: Derrek was playing on my iphone and Mason was playing on his leapster. About 20 minutes later I come out of the bedroom and Derrek is now playing the leapster and Mason is playing my iphone. The conversation that lead up to the switch went something like this

Mason: Daddy what are you doing?
Derrek: I am playing mommy's iphone.
Mason: Well friends share daddy. Friends share.

And thus the game switch. HAHAHA!! Nice to know we are doing something right :)

2 comments:

Mary Pat said...

Haha hilarious!! I'm sure you're so proud of Derrek for being able to share his toys, even if he doesn't look too happy about it in the picture :)

Roger and Robyn said...

Too funny! Glad both boys were able to share their toys. :)