Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Orleans, LA-SmitheRouax style

A few weeks ago Derrek and I and our good friends the Smith's took a nice long weekend vacation to New Orleans, LA. This was a fabulous, adult only, no kids allowed trip. We left on a Friday and came home on a Monday and let me just say that I LOVE my children but our trip was AWESOME!!! Our first night there we went to dinner at Mothers (which comes highly recommended and didn't disappoint). Then we went and walked down Bourbon to people watch.

Derrek and I on Bourbon. With frosty beverages in hand :)

Saturday morning we got up and went to eat at Cafe Du Monde. Oh boy were we in Beignet Heaven!! Can I just say GOD BLESS THE INVENTOR OF THE BEIGNET!!!

Robyn and I in front of the restaurant.

Derrek and I in front of the restaurant.


Good Morning from Cafe Du Monde.

After breakfast we jumped on the St. Charles Trolley and headed towards Audobon Park. The houses on St. Charles Street are BEAUTIFUL and Robyn and I were enthralled looking at them and could have ridden that thing all day just looking at them. Anywho, we ended up getting off and heading towards Magazine street to have lunch. We ate at the Bull Dog bar b/c the guys wanted beer (heehee) and before we got there we came across the Breaux Mart. Robyn and I thought this was hilarious and made the guys pose for a picture under the sign.

The Breaux's (haha)

One of the neatest things about this bar was the tap fountain on the patio. Isn't that so cool? And I am not even a beer drinker :)


After lunch we continued to walk and came across this yummy little dessert place (I dont remember the name but I know Robyn will) everything looked so pretty that of course I had to take a picture :)

This was a caramel icing filled cupcake. DELISH!!!

At around 2ish we headed back for a nap b/c that night we had a big fancy dinner planned at the Commander's Palace. This is one place that I definitely recommend eating at if you get the chance to. SO SO GOOD! And in true NOLA fashion even the desserts were decorated appropriately

Gotta love the Flor de lis

Sunday morning we had a reservation at The Court of Two Sisters for their fabulous buffet brunch. (as you can tell we did A LOT of eating on this trip haha) brunch was awesome and it brought about our biggest laugh of the trip.

Derrek and I at brunch

Here is our laugh :) The chairs we sat in were very poorly designed and if you look at the guy in the background of this picture it looks like he is wearing a thong b/c he is backed up so far in the chair. TOO FUNNY!! Poor guy, but we did get a really big laugh out of it. :)

After brunch we strolled through the french quarter and shopped for the kids and just enjoyed the city.

Robyn and I with our ice cream daquiri's. (thats right I said ICE CREAM DAQUIRI) again this was SO DELISH!!

A nice photo op in front of Margaritaville. Heehee!

This guy was the most impressive human statue we came across. I cant imagine how uncomfortable it must be to stand like that for more then 3 seconds :)

That night we went to Frenchman street for food and music. We came across a neat little group at the Spotted Cat that we really enjoyed then walked back to our hotel so that we could make one last stroll down Bourbon Street to people watch.

Monday morning we got up and of course went to eat at Cafe Du Monde again before heading home to see our babies. We stayed the perfect number of days and had an amazing time.

Thank you New Orleans for such a wonderful time!

1 comment:

Mary Pat said...

LOVE THIS POST!! I'm so glad you guys had a great time! The food and drinks all look delicious, and way to go on capturing the "thong" moment! :)